Why go there?
Rome is a city that has it all. From ancient ruins to world-class art museums, there is something for everyone to enjoy in this vibrant city. Here are just a few reasons why you should visit Rome:
- History: Rome is one of the oldest cities in the world, and it is home to some of the most important historical sites in the world. The Colosseum, the Roman Forum, and the Pantheon are just a few of the many ruins that you can explore in Rome.
- Art: Rome is home to some of the most famous art museums in the world, including the Vatican Museums and the Galleria Borghese. These museums house masterpieces by artists such as Michelangelo, Raphael, and Caravaggio.
- Food: Rome is known for its delicious food. Be sure to try some of the local specialties, such as pizza, pasta, and gelato.
- Culture: Rome is a city with a rich culture. You can experience this culture by visiting the city’s many theaters, opera houses, and concert halls.
- People: The people of Rome are warm and welcoming. They are always happy to help visitors and make them feel at home.
What to do?
Here are just a few of the things you can do in Rome:
- Visit the Colosseum: The Colosseum is one of the most iconic landmarks in Rome. This ancient amphitheater was built in the first century AD and it was used for gladiatorial contests and other public events.
- Explore the Roman Forum: The Roman Forum was the center of ancient Rome. This archaeological site is home to ruins of temples, government buildings, and other important structures.
- See the Pantheon: The Pantheon is an ancient temple that was built in the second century AD. This well-preserved building is one of the most important examples of Roman architecture.
- Visit the Vatican Museums: The Vatican Museums are home to one of the most important collections of art in the world. This museum complex houses works by Michelangelo, Raphael, and other famous artists.
- Take a walk through the Trastevere neighborhood: Trastevere is a charming neighborhood located on the west bank of the Tiber River. This area is known for its narrow streets, cobblestone alleyways, and lively nightlife.
- Enjoy a leisurely lunch at a sidewalk cafe: Rome is a great city to enjoy a leisurely lunch at a sidewalk cafe. Be sure to try some of the local specialties, such as pizza, pasta, and gelato.
- Take a cooking class: If you are interested in learning how to cook Italian food, then you should take a cooking class in Rome. There are many different cooking schools that offer classes for all levels of experience.
- Go shopping: Rome is a great city to go shopping. There are many different shops and boutiques to choose from, selling everything from souvenirs to high-end fashion.
- Take a day trip to Pompeii: Pompeii is an ancient Roman city that was buried by a volcanic eruption in 79 AD. This archaeological site is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Italy.
There are many different types of accommodation available in Rome, from luxury hotels to budget-friendly hostels. Here are a few of the most popular places to stay:
- Hotel de Russie: This luxury hotel is located in the heart of Rome. It features a rooftop terrace with stunning views of the city.
- Hotel Santa Maria: This boutique hotel is located in the Trastevere neighborhood. It features a charming courtyard and a rooftop terrace with views of the city.
- Hostel One Roma Termini: This budget-friendly hostel is located near the Termini train station. It features a shared kitchen and a common area with a TV.
Rome is a city that has something to offer everyone. Whether you are interested in history, art, culture, or simply want to relax in the sun, Rome is the perfect place for you.